How Smart Are You?
1. You’re participating in a race. You finally overtake the second person. What position are you in?
2. And if you just overtook the last person, then you are…?
3. Some very puzzling arithmetic! This must be calculated in your head only. Don’t use a calculator or even paper and pencil for this. Add 40 to 1000. Now add 1000. Add 30 more. Add 1000. Now add 20 more. Add another 1000. Add 10 more. What is the total?
4. Mary’s father had five lovely daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono… What’s the name of the fifth daughter?
5. A mute person goes into some shop to buy himself a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing his teeth, he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and manages to buy it. Then a blind man comes into the shop and wants to buy a pair of sunglasses; how would HE indicate what he wants?
Answers to the quiz:
1. If you answered that you’re first, then you’re absolutely WRONG! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, YOU’RE in second place.
2. If you answered you’re second to last, then you’re WRONG again. How can you overtake the LAST person?!
3. Did you get 5000? It’s not very accurate… The correct answer is actually 4100.
4. Did you Answer Nunu? No! Of course it’s incorrect. Her name is Mary. Read this question again!
5. It’s very simple, really: He opens his mouth and ask for it…